Saturday 7 March 2015

T vs the Big C - Look Good Feel Better


I am kicking off the Young Women's Breast Cancer Blog UK with a selection of posts from existing blogs of young women with breast cancer, to provide examples of the range of things you can write about.

This post is from the fantastic blog T vs the Big C - My Breast Cancer Journey.
https://www.facebook.com/TvsTheBigC.MyBreastCancerJourney

A couple of months ago I started an album called the Yin and Yang of Cancer. This was to kind of show that whilst it's absolutely rubbish being diagnosed with it (yin), lovely things can happen too (yang) - (you can find it here >> http://on.fb.me/1As75gm).

Anyway, one of those lovely things happened today when I attended a Look Good Feel Better session at the Maggie's Wallace centre on the hospital site.

LGFB is an international charity that was set up to provide free services to those diagnosed with any type of cancer to help improve well-being and self-confidence.

Basically it was a full on make up lesson which for someone who's got to the tender age of 39 and just about worked out how to put on eyeliner was slightly daunting, but brilliant too.

*And* you get to keep all the things you put on your face too! So I came away with a bag full of goodies from Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, and No7 - yippee!

I have to say I still may not be applying full on war paint every day (blimey there are a lot of things to dab and smudge), but at least I know how when I need to scrub up a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment